Please this announcement from North American regarding upcoming changes to their term guidelines for new sales.
About IPB Admin
Posts by IPB Admin:
Fully underwritten Select-a-Term policies could be eligible to convert to a permanent policy with the Accelerated Access Solution (AAS) chronic illness rider.
Select-a-Term policies that are eligible are:
- Issued in the past 5 years and attained age up to 60 or younger
- Underwriting class of Standard and better (no table rating, no flat extra)
To ensure a smooth conversion process, check out our Quick Tips Flyer.
When the unforeseen chronic illness does occur, we make life simple with our chronic illness rider – Accelerated Access Solution® (AAS):
- No need for Chronic Illness to be Permanent
- Premiums are waived during illness while AAS benefits are paid
- As your client comes OFF claim, they can be completely certain there are no “gotchas” and no “catch-up” premiums.
Share this valuable sales concept.
AAS is available on Secure Lifetime GUL3, Max Accumulator+ and Value + Protector.
Last day to submit applications is March 25, 2022
Due to the existing regulatory environment in New York, Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York (Lincoln) is unable to maintain a modern portfolio of MoneyGuard® hybrid life insurance products in the state and will be suspending new MoneyGuard® sales in New York until further notice. These changes do not impact existing policyholders.
The following product currently sold in New York will be suspended after March 25, 2022:
▪ Lincoln MoneyGuard® II NY
Submission and placement deadline
▪ All New York applications for the product listed above must be received in-good-order at Lincoln by March 25, 2022, and
▪ All pipeline cases for the New York product listed above must be placed inforce, or 1035 exchange initiated by June 30, 2022
▪ Any case not placed inforce or 1035 exchange initiated by June 30, 2022 will be cancelled
As a reminder, New York Solicitation and Situs guidelines must continue to be followed. For any New York resident (Proposed Insured or Owner) applying for life insurance coverage outside of New York no part of the sale can take place in the state of New York. All sales activities including solicitation, paperwork signing, and policy delivery must be conducted in the state of situs, and all paperwork and forms must align to the state of situs. Additionally, the New York resident (Proposed Insured or Owner) must sign the Out of State Verification Form. An article with important New York Situs reminders is also available as a reference.
At this time, there is no date set for the future availability or reintroduction of MoneyGuard® products in New York. Any updates will be communicated through the Lincoln Life Leader. Please contact your Lincoln representative with any questions.
Agile Underwriting+ (AU+) is AIG’s streamlined underwriting process that provides a path to policy approval that may not require an exam, labs or APS records.
- Issue ages up to 59
- Face amounts up to and including $1 million
- Applications submitted via an approved ticket platform (like RapidApp)
More information available HERE.
Effective March 1, 2022, the following adjustments will take place on new and inforce business:
- UL Crediting Rates will increase on Protection UL and Protection SUL by 30 bps.
- Indexed UL caps will decrease for certain Accumulation IUL, Protection IUL, Protection SIUL, Accumulation VUL and Accumulation SVUL accounts while participation rates will remain unchanged.
- Fixed Account rates will decrease for certain indexed UL and vaiable UL products by 10 bps.
Full details HERE.
Effective November 1, 2021, the guaranteed interest rate on new SecureCare Universal Life (SecureCare UL) applications will be updated to comply with the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, which lowers the interest rate assumptions used in Section 7702 of the Internal Revenue Code.
More information available HERE.
Effective Oct. 26, North American is launching NAC Guarantee PlusSM, a multi-year guarantee annuity (MYGA), which will replace North American Guarantee ChoiceSM multi-year guarantee annuity.
With the launch of NAC Guarantee Plus, we’re hoping to provide greater flexibility for consumers. Here are a few details highlighting the enhancements….
- Guarantee periods: 3-, 5-, and 7-year available. (10-year option not available.)1
- Re-entry option: Renewal options available for your clients when the guarantee period is up, including the option to re-enter a 3-, 5-, or 7-year guarantee period. (See brochure for full details.)
- Penalty-free withdrawals:2 Equal to the interest earned in the previous contract year.
1. For California, Florida and Delaware, NAC Guarantee Plus 7 is not available. A surrender during the surrender charge period could result in a loss of premium. Surrender charges and market value adjustment may reset with renewal. Surrender charge structures and guarantee periods may vary by state.
2. Withdrawals taken prior to age 59 1/2 may be subject to IRS penalties.